A lovely smooth fondant covered cake can be accented with cute fondant strawberries as well as strawberry leaves and blossoms. This type of cake design is simple and takes very little time to produce. It is absolutely perfect for a bridal shower, birthday party or casual summer wedding.
You will need:
- White fondant
- Food gel colors: light and dark pink and leaf green
- Yellow and dark green luster dust
- Non-stick board
- Rolling pin
- Paint brushes
- Corn starch
- Dresden and veining tool or another pointy tool
- Small 5 petal blossom plunger, two sizes
- Leaf cutter or plunger, several sizes
- Calyx cutter
Knead the fondant until it is very smooth and separate it into four balls, three of a similar size and one about half as big as the other two. Tint the larger balls dark pink, light pink and green and leave the small ball white. Now you are ready to start making your strawberries and flowers!