This recipe is a moist variation full of dried apricots and warm spices to enhance its already delicious flavour.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: Two 9" round cakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups finely grated carrot, packed firmly
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Grease two 6x6 square pans and two 8x8 square pans with butter and lightly dust with flour.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices in large bowl until uniformly mixed and make a well in the middle of the ingredients.
- Whisk oil, eggs and vanilla in small bowl until well blended and pour into dry ingredients.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until mixed completely.
- Add grated carrot and apricot to batter and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into pans evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Cool completely before icing.