Specific Tips and Techniques for successful design elements.
By Michelle Anderson, About.com Guide
fondant is a sweet sugary paste that can be used to completely cover cakes and form almost any kind of design elements from flowers, bows, frills and figures. Fondant is extremely versatile and easy to color into any hue required for your project, even polka dots!
- Hand Modelling Shapes for Cake Decorating
- Hand Modelling a Fondant Giraffe
- How to Make Dotted Fondant
- Fondant Braids
- How to Make Fondant Rocks
- Fondant Buttons
- Making Millefiori Patterned Fondant
- How to Make Fondant Snowflakes
Gum Paste can be used to make realistic beautiful gum paste flowers, ribbons, bows and other decorations for your cake design.You can make your own gum paste or buy premade products for your design needs.
- Modelling a Bear from Gum Paste
- How to Make a Gum Paste Rose
- How to Make Gum Paste Briar Roses
- How to Make Asian Stephanotis
- How to Make Gum Paste Stephanotis
- How to Create Gum Paste Rose Leaves
- How to Make Gum Paste Filler Blossoms
- How to Make Dotted Gum Paste
Chocolate is wonderful for cake decorations like curls,leaves and run out designs.