As the seasons change the unique beauty of the outdoors becomes very clear and special. Decorating cakes to reflect scenes in nature can be a fun and satisfying experience for new and experienced cake designers. Grass, water, fire, ice, snow, bushes, trees and even fat fondant animals all combine in wonderful ways on top a delectable cake. These decorations can be cartoon like or as reastistic as possible like flowers formed out of gum paste. A designer simply has to use pictures of real scenes and some easy techniques to create whatever is required for the design.
Any occasion can use nature as the theme. Some ideas could include:
- A retirement cake featuring a rippling lake, flaoting water lillies, a fisherman and happy trout
- An elegant wedding cake covered in drifting sands and gum paste shells and coral
- A birthday cake with a pretty garden or even a placid golf scene in greens and blues
- A baby shower cake with bunnies on tufts of grass
- Christmas cupcakes with snow and holly